Monday, February 7, 2011

Most Played: #24 - Souls of Mischief, "'93 til Infinity" (46 Plays)


In this feature, I'm going to examine the Top 25 most played songs on my iTunes as of February, 3, 2011, starting with number 25 and working my way up to 1, and talk about what I love about the song and why I keep coming back to it. If this feature goes on for a long time, which I'm sure it will, I'll make note of new additions and subtractions from my most played list.

Ooooooh, that beat. This is how they chill? Count me in. "'93 'Til Infinity" is perfect kick back music, it's languid synths cooking up Summer even during the year's darkest days. Opio, A-Plus, Tajai and Phesto switch off spitting rapidfire, intricately worded rhymes, bragging about how their chill is better than your chill.

Reasons I Keep Playing It:
- That little scratchy siren sound that goes off at the beginning of each bar.
- The way Tajai rhymes "digits," "Bridget," "midget," "dig it," "swig it" and "frigid" in the first verse.
- This bar: "Greenbacks and stacks/Don't even ask/Who got the fat sacks/We can max/Pumpin phat tracks/Exachangin facts about impacts"
- The sound off of all the Hieroglyphics in the outro
- The twinkling keyboard during the chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment